This is another weeknight staple for us here at ShoutHome! is this healthful pile green veggies. This is an adaptation of a side we made through our current favorite meal-kit service “Martha and Marley Spoon.” As an aside if you are shopping meal kit services they are a pretty good one, Blue Apron type pricing with more flexibility.
This recipe calls for:
- 8oz of broccoli florets
- 2 large cloves of Garlic
- 1oz Parmesan cheese plus more to grate over the top.
- 1 bunch of baby spinach
- 3 oz mascarpone cheese
As well as the usual Olive Oil, Salt and fresh ground pepper tolls wise you’ll need a micro plane and da medium skillet. Start by prepping the ingredients, clean and trim the Broccoli into 1/2inch florets. Roughly chop the spinach, mince the garlic and use that Microplane to grate the Parmesan cheese. Now you are ready to start cooking.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in the skillet over medium
- Add the broccoli a pinch of salt and toss them so that the oil coats the broccoli
- Add 1/3rd cup of water, cover and cook until the water is evaporated.
- Add the minced garlic and some fresh ground pepper, sauté until fragrant.
- Add the spinach and immediately cover to wilt the spinach depending on your level of the desired wilt this will take anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 minutes.
- Lower the heat to a simmer and add mascarpone and half the parmesan cheese
- Remove from the heat and combine all the ingredients using a gentle folding motion.
- Salt and Pepper to taste, and serve hot.